I have uploaded some facebook pictures now, because i have access to the internet at the hotel in the city of Iraklio, so if you'd like to see some pictures they are there...
The Samarian gorge that we hiked yesterday was one of my favorite things we've done. Like i said before it's the longest natural gorge and Europe. The hike was 17km (about 10 miles!) and the terrain was rough at spots, but the views were amazing. After a while of hiking to get to the bottom of the gorge the walls shot up around us and towered over us. They were like nothing i'd ever seen. I couldve taken pictures all the way through... At the end of the gorge was the sea, and the beach where we rested our legs after a long day. Needless to say everyone was sore today, luckily I was one of the few not hurting (hooray for cross country!)
Now we are in iraklio, our hotel is by far the nicest one we have stayed in! I dont know what we will see in this city but we are spending two more days here.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment