Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Island of Crete

During our last night in Athens we climbed up to the Areopagus after dinner because it has a beautiful view of the whole city at night. I had a wish come true when I talked to one of the guys in the group about Jesus. Such a surreal moment, hope i was able to plant a seed and mayne something more will come of it later in the trip.

We took a beautiful drive down the coast of Athens, it had gorgeous views the whole way! After that we got on a boat to ferry to Crete. I couldnt help but have the "I'm on a boat" song stuck in my head the whole night we were sailing haha.

Currently i'm in the city of hania, it is right off the coast and gives a amazing view of the see. Last night we sat on a wall overlooking the sea with a lighthouse right next to us, drinking Cretian wine, it was awesome! The city has an old part of town that has kept all its old Roman building and its beautiful, small streets with wonderful balconies watching. Today we had a freee day and went to the beach here. WE had a great time and it was good to get away from sightseeing and museums. The city is much smaller than Athens and far less crowded, but still has great food and plenty of fun things to do while exploring!

Tomorrow we are hiking the samarian gorge which is the longest natural gorge in Europe, we have to drive through all the mountains to get there. I'm really excited about it! Soon we're leaving hania but staying on the island of Crete which is perfectly fine with me... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment